Arbi fry | How to Make Arbi Fry | Arbi Fry Recipes
Today we are going to teach you how to make Aloo Makhana
A North Indian side dish. Needs 20 minutes to prepare and 12 minutes to cook.
Total time taken: 32 minutes) | Can serve 2 person.
Ingredients: Measured in 250 ml cup
- arbi/taro or colocasia roots: 250 gms
- Water: 2 cups
- Ajwain / carom seeds: ¼ teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: ½ teaspoon
- Cumin powder: ½ teaspoon
- Pomegranate / dry mango powder: ½ teaspoon
- Green chilli: 1 piece. (chopped)
- Peanut oil: 1 tablespoon
- Coriander / mint leaves: 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- Rock salt (as required)
- Rinse the arbi well and cook on low flame in a pressure pan for 2 to 3 whistles adding 2 cups of water.
- Slide a knife into arbi to check if cooked.
- Peel and slice arbi to ¼ inch rounds.
- Heat ½ tsp peanut oil in a pan and fry the carom seeds till the fragrance emanates.
- Add the sliced arbi. Sauté for 3 minutes on low flame.
- Add black pepper powder, cumin powder, and chopped green chilli.
- Stir well and add salt to season.
- Add pomegranate or dry mango powder.
- Sauté by flipping each of the pieces to see that the contents are roasted evenly.
- Add mint / coriander leaves and serve fresh as side dish with paratha, rice or pulao.
And your Arbi Fry is Ready
You Can buy Arbi Fry Ingredients & Other Online Grocery items