One of the healthiest food in the world is oats. It is scientifically known as Avena sativa. It is a species of cereal grain. Oat is consumed in the form of oatmeal or rolled oats. It is grown in the regions with summer low temperature. It doesn’t require much fertile soil. It is an annual type of plant. Russia, Canada, and Poland are the leading producers of oats. It is famous for breakfast cereals. It can be consumed by any age of people.
What is the nutrition value of oats?
- Soluble fiber: it contains high soluble fiber, which is much more compared to other cereals. For this reason, it is digested slowly, than other foods. Thus, a person feels less hungry for a long time.
- Fat: oats is one of the cereals with the highest lipid content. The lipid is mainly in the form of glycolipid and phospholipid. It also contains globulin proteins. Oats is good replacement for egg and meat for vegetarians.
- Minerals: it contains magnesium, zinc, manganese, selenium and phosphorous.
Other than these primary constituents it also contains carotenoids, vitamin E, polyphenols, flavonoids and many more. Approximately 80gm of dry oats can produce 307 calories.
Health benefits of oats:
- Controls cholesterol: oats are enriched with dietary fibers, this helps in preventing the formation of bad cholesterol in your body. Thus, if you are suffering from cholesterol related problem, oatmeal can help you in recovering naturally.
- Controls blood pressure: high blood pressure is a problem of many old aged people. Maybe you have also given up any foods to control blood pressure. Oatmeal is very good for the heart. It can lower the possibility of any cardiovascular problem. Thus, you must take it regularly, to control blood pressure.
- Supplies antioxidants to the body: oats have avenanthramide antioxidants. These emit free radicals, which works on High-density In this way, it kills harmful HDL and enhances the cardiovascular system.
- Controls blood sugar level: oats contain beta-glucan. This increases the reactivity of insulin. Insulin, on the other hand, controls the blood sugar level in your body. There are many researchers carried out, where persons have oatmeal every day showed lower blood sugar level, compared to others. You can obviously imagine how good it is for a diabetic
- Checks weight gain: many people who are on a diet know the importance of oats for losing weight. The fibers of oats are digested for a long time. Thus, you will have less appetite for food, for a long time, after having oatmeal. Simply, you eat less and gain no weight.
- Boosts immunity system: the beta-glucan present in oats, improves body immunity against bacterial infection. Thus the huge number of diseases caused by different types of bacteria, are all eliminated. It is also believed that oats reduce asthma risks in children.
- Reduces the risk of breast cancer: believe it or not, women who consume oats on a daily basis have much lower risk of developing breast cancer. The fiber in oats is the main cause for doing this miracle.
You can buys Oats online at Best prices only at www.BazaarCart.com