Black pepper which is scientifically known as Piper nigrum is actually a fruit, which is dried and crushed to make this spices. The fruits are as small as seeds, before ripping it is known as green pepper. While after ripping it is known as white pepper. The white pepper is dried and then called the black pepper. This plant is cultivated mainly in the tropical regions. The black pepper is used as a species for cooking and also has medicinal value. This is also referred asking of spice.
Nutritional value of black pepper
Black pepper is rich in minerals like manganese, copper, calcium and some amount of iron and chromium. It is rich in vitamin K and vitamin C. other than these it is also rich in fiber. 100 grams of black pepper contains 255 calories. One can also sprinkle it in any type of fruit juice.
Medicinal value of black pepper:
- Improves digestion: the strong taste of black pepper arouses the sensitivity of taste buds. This makes our stomach more acidic, which helps in quicker digestion. The high hydrochloric content of your stomach also kills the disease-causing bacteria and other microorganisms in the stomach. In other words, it eliminates the problems like bloating, indigestion, colic, constipation and other stomach related problems.
- Increases appetite for food: every spice works to improve taste and appetite for food. The olfactory stimulation produced by black pepper is the reason behind increasing appetite. It is good for patients recovering from illness. One tablespoon of jiggery mixed with a one-half teaspoon of black pepper can be taken for producing faster results.
- Improves nutrient absorption: black pepper contains piperine. This compound increases the absorption of nutrients like vitamins, beta-carotene, selenium and many more. All these nutrients improve your body in the long run.
- Reduces formation of gas: most people suffer from the gas problem due to irregular diet. Have foods sprinkled with black pepper reduces the formation of gas in your stomach. Traditionally black pepper oil was mixed with some base oil, then massaged on the belly, to get relieve from belly pain due to gas formation. If you have this problem, try to have a glass of buttermilk with a quarter teaspoon of black pepper, daily.
- Works for the common cold: the fragrance of black pepper is loved by all. It also works for clearing congestion. You can find many cough syrups and candies have black pepper. For effective results, you can have a cup of lukewarm water mixed with a one-half teaspoon of black pepper. Take it two to three times a day. If you have nose blockage, you can take hot stem with few drops of black pepper oil. This can cause heavy sneezing, but is helps in taking out the loosen phlegm.
You can buy black pepper online at best prices only on www.bazaarCart.com