According to the preparation of cheese it can be classified as follows: according to its degree of moisture in soft, dry and hard; according to its degree of maturation, fresh and ripe; according to the manufacturing process are classified in natural and processed. There are different types of cheese according to its origin, may come from cattle (cow), caprine (goat) and sheep (lamb) and depending on each person's palate, chooses the one that best suits the taste. For the variety of flavors, textures and characteristics that shown all kinds of cheeses, can become a big attraction at a meeting.
After making cheese from the milk, they retain much calcium and vitamins from milk; thus the cheese is considered a food that helps calcification of bones and prevents ostioporosis. The consumption of cheese must be regulated by a dietitian because of its high fat content. One of the most important benefits provided by cheese in our diet is its high protein level, considered one of the largest in biological quality and nutritional quality. 250 grams of cheese contributes 50 percent of the protein requirements of adults and 20 percent of calcium. Other benefits of cheese are mentioned as follow:
1. Help the cardiovascular and reproductive systems: Fat of cheese acts as fuel to meet the energy needs of the body. In addition, fatty acids such as linolenic acid known as omega 3 and linoleic known as omega 6 are essential for growth, and benefits the cardiovascular, reproductive, immune and nervous systems.
2. Reduction of chronic disease: It is rich in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) an essential fatty acid of the omega-6 series which helps reduce the risk of cancer and heart ailments.
3. Contribution to the body of essential minerals: Calcium and phosphorus contributes to growth and strong bones and teeth. The cheese helps to maintain bone density and prevent osteoporosis.
4. Promotes cell growth: Because it contains vitamins A and D helps improve vision and immune system.
5. Substitute milk for lactose intolerant: They contain large amounts of this enzyme, so that everyone can consume without problems.Cheese uses
The applications of cheeses are varied in world cuisine; with them can be many combinations of flavors. Its main use is in recipes and diets high in fat and protein. It is used in various recipes for cheese sauces, based on cream cheese mixed with cream, red wine and fresh herbs. Cheeses allow a degree of maturation that enhances the essential flavors of foods and thus make them a good accompaniment to wine and spirits.
The cheese is also used in the preparation of sandwiches and fast foods. One of the most popular uses is as ingredient for pizzas, lasagne, and cannelloni or to add to salads when it is cooler. Two of the features that should have these types of cheese are: melted well and respond to melt easily, hence its use in the preparation of the dishes mentioned above.
As we see the benefits and uses of the cheese are varied and extensive, it is a food that is consumed worldwide and is part of the diet of rich and poor, but mostly it is an essential element for its nutritional and vitamin value.